A couple of my favorite folks tagged me recently so this post is all about love and quirks.
First, let’s talk about love.
Melissa, one of my crafty heroes and paper crafting buds from “like way back”, recently gave me a sweet “I love your blog” award. It made my day. Thank you, Melissa. You always know how to make a girl smile.
There are a few folks I’d like to pass the same award onto. I failed to save the picture so sorry guys if you feel cheated. 😉
Anyway, they are:
* Megan, who maybe I should just call the Prof. She’s an all-around good person and has a great writer’s voice.
* Nat, who I think could give HGTV’s “Next Design Star” a run for her money. This girl has so many cool ideas for turning someone’s trash into treasure. If you haven’t been to Nat’s site before, you are really missing out. Be sure to check out her archives.
* Wendy P., whose blog I completely enjoy checking out regularly. I love seeing her work!
* Mer, who i think has already received the love award but I love her, too. She’s funny. She’s smart. And she’s got a big ribbon showing off her mad scrappin’ skillz. (Congrats Mer!)
*DeeDee, who I think does beautiful work! You really need to check her out if you haven’t before.
* Shellie, who is my tiara buddy! What I can I say, other than she is awesome. She’s a what you see, what you get, kind of gal. I appreciate that. I really feel like I’m lucky to have met her through scrapbooking but am even more lucky to call my friend.
And speaking of Shellie, let’s talk about quirks. She recently tagged me, too. She wanted me to share 6 quirks about myself.
I really had to think about this one, but here goes:
1. I give nicknames to a lot of my friends that I will probably never tell them. I’ve always done this for people I really like. When I get an email from XXXXX, she is known to me as XXXXX-a-roo. There’s XXXX-legs, XXXX-bells and XXXX-banna-bo-berry. There’s a few more, too.
2. I break for kitchen gadgets. I am impressed easily with claims of ease. Honestly, maybe 1 out of 5 ends of being worth it for me. I once owned a Rotato. Sadly, it didn’t make my life any easier and ended up in the trash. I also owned a Salad Shooter. I have friends who rave about them. But It, too, had a short-lived life with me. Let’s just say it was more like the Slime Shooter in my house.
3. I bowl. I got talked into joining a bowling leaque last year with ladies that were at least double my age. It was actually fun, even though the ladies kicked my bootie every week by at least 30 40 points. Did I mention the oldest member was 87? 😉 I feel like my coolness level has like gone down many notches by admitting that here.
4. It annoys me when news broadcasters regularly mispronounce words, like Oregon. They say “Ory-gone”, which is totally wrong. It’s “Or-e-gun”. I fantastize sometimes of making a rule that if they can’t say the word right, they can’t report the story it’s related to. That’s all I am saying. 😉
5. I am not much of a chocolate fan. Chocolate ice cream I like. Chocolate milk I like. Chocolate candy bars are just OK to me. I know, the horror! 😉
6. I love flip flops and wear them most of the time. A dozen or so pairs here, including the ever-so-important 4th of July pair which have polka dots and big red stars.
If you’ve made it this far, I’d love to hear some of your quirks if you are up to it.