I am excited to share with you all a technique and a couple cards I worked up for GCD Studios.
Contain yourself. 😉
I’m going to show you how to make paper-rimmed buttons with patterned paper from the Melody Ross’ Homespun Chic collection for GCD Studios.
Paper-rimmed buttons? You are probably thinking, “What?” Yeah. I know. 😉
So here is a peek of what I am talking about.
Paper-rimmed buttons are so easy to make. Let me show you how.
You are going to need: buttons; patterned paper; a bottle of glue; scissors; nail file or sand paper; and a paper trimmer.
And here’s how to make a paper-rimmed button.
1. Use your trimmer to cut a strip of patterned paper. The paper should be wide enough to fit on the edge of your button.
2. Squirt a dab of glue on a piece of scratch paper. Roll the button through it. Don’t worry if excess glue gets on your button. Just clean wipe it off with a rag or paper towel before it dries.
3. Roll the paper strip around the button. Trim away the excess paper.
4. Use a nail file or sanding blog to sand the edges of the paper.
5. The end result? A really cute button (or two or three).
And here’s a card I made with my buttons.
I think the paper gives the buttons a little extra personality.
And here’s another card I made with my buttons.
Thanks for stopping by! I’ll be back again tomorrow.
Check out the GCD Studios blog to see some of the other techniques the girls on the DT cooked up this month. There is some pretty cool stuff.