Happy New Year!
Well, it is Jan. 1st so I get to share something I made with the January Studio AE stamp set from Technique Tuesday.
So with that, meet today’s not-a-card project. 😉
I made this bag with the stamp set.
The set is called Adored by Ali Edwards.
Before I talk about the bag, let me tell you a little bit about this new stamp set:
* It consists of 15 stamps. All are love-themed. You can see the entire stamp set by going here.
* Like with all the stamps in Studio AE, these are designed by well-known scrapbooker (and all-around good egg) Ali Edwards.
* All the stamps are circles this time. Eight are larger circles, and seven are smaller circles.
* All the stamps work with circle punches and circle dies. I’ve been using the orange Marvy circle to punch the smaller circles and, mostly, an old Whale of a Punch circle (1 3/4 to punch the larger circle) to punch the large circles. However, the larger circle stamps are about 1 1/2″ and will work great with any circle punch or die that is that size or larger. The larger the circle punch or die you use, the larger rim there will be around the image.
* The stamp set ships directly to Studio AE members between Jan. 10th to 15th. The set is only available this month and to club members. To find out more about the club, go here.
Going back to the bag, I used two stamps and two inks to make the red background paper.
Here’s what I did:
1. I stamped the small open-faced heart on the cardstock repeatedly with white ink.
2. Randomly, I stamped the solid heart in my pattern. Again, I used white.
3. After I finished all my white stamping (and gave the ink time to dry), I inked up the solid heart and randomly stamped it onto some of the open hearts.
It’s kind of fun. Well, at least I thought it was! 🙂
Be back later.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂