I’m over on the GCD Studios blog today so I thought I’d share my post here, too.
Short on time this summer for scrapbooking and card making?
Well, I’ve got a fun DIY embellishment for you today that takes just a little bit of time to make but is guaranteed to bring smiles to all that see them.
Today, I am going to show you how to make something I call “super fun and cute” clips.
To make these clips, you are going to need:
* GCD paper
* paper clips
* adhesive (a strong wet glue, or even a glue gun)
And here’s what you do:
1. Start by cutting an image from a piece of patterned paper. I am using paper here from GCD Studios’ The Great Outdoors collection.
2. Adhere the paper to a piece of chipboard. Trim.
3. Flip tile over and lay on a big glob of liquid glue. If you are feeling daring, consider using a glue gun. Set the top of large paper clip right into the glue. Let the glue dry.
4. Flip it over, and there you have it! The end result is this super fun and cute clip!
I am addicted to making these clips. They are fast to make, but they also pack a lot of punch in the “adorableness” category.
I used them to whip up a couple summer-themed cards.
I used two clips on this Relax card.
To add to give the boat clip a little extra pop, I added a small bow tied with Baker’s Twine to it.
All the paper here is from (yep) GCD Studios.
I used two more clips on my See card.
This time, I added some twine to one of the clips.
The paper and the letters are all from GCD Studios’ The Great Outdoors collection.