Hello again all!
There’s just a few more days until My Favorite Things’ August release is available for purchase. I’ve got one more card to share today made with some of those new products.
So here we go! (Weeeeeeee!)
I had such a fun time stamping the little girl (who is from the new Batty About You stamp set). I stamped her and then colored him with the Magic Pencil technique. What’s that you ask? Well, I scribbled some color with Prismacolor pencils on her and then used a blending stump dipped in Gamsol to spread the color.
A friend of mine taught me this technique years ago. I forget that it’s such an easy technique and so, so forgiving, especially when you don’t fancy yourself much to not be great coloring artist!
I was feeling a bit adventurous here and decided to decorate the inside of my card as well.
I figured it’d be a bit too much to color her in again so I just stamped her in green ink and called it good.
By the way, the words are from the Batty About you stamp set. And the polka dot pattern ? I just stenciled that onto the green cardstock piece using Jumbo Polka Dot stencil, a green ink pad, a cosmetic sponge… and a happy crafting girl smile!😉
So here’s a complete list of the MFT products I used on today’s card:
- Batty About You stamp set (lands on 8/12 at MFT)
- Batty About You Die-namics (lands on 8/12 at MFT)
- Stichable Dot Circle Stax Die-namics (lands on 8/12 at MFT)
- Jumbo Polka Dot Stencil (lands on 8/12 at MFT)
- Spooky Scene Die-namics…. for the moon (lands on 8/12 at MFT)
- Blueprints 18 Die-namics… for the little stars and the green panel on the inside of the card (lands on 8/12 at MFT)
- Cardstock: Gumdrop Green
- Ink: Gumdrop Green, Licorice
Once again, be sure to hit the MFT blog. You’ll find links to all the other MFT design team members who are sharing projects today.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by! You guys are the best.