Happy World Card Making Day, y’all!
This is such a fun way to kick off the holiday! I’m taking part today in the Essentials by Ellen Blog Hop with some of my most favorite crafty peeps! We’re so excited to unveil a brand new line of high quality Clear Stamp Sets and Designer Dies, designed by Julie Ebersole exclusively for Ellen Hutson LLC.
This collection reflects an eclectic mix of images, sentiments and art styles that are sure to appeal to a wide range of tastes! Just in time for holiday crafting, the entire release is available now at Ellen Hutson LLC.
All Essentials by Ellen Stamp Sets and Dies arrive in our signature packaging with a durable clear envelope and a labeled cardstock backer for convenient storage and organization. Our die packaging also features an attached magnetic sheet, to ensure that even the smallest of your dies is stored securely!
Enjoy and Happy World Card Making Day!
So let me show you what I have made with the new stuff to share with you!
So it looks all watercolor’ish, right?
Prepare to be shocked, friends! The girl who isn’t so skilled in the marker department used Copic Markers on this guy! I stamped the bulbs and greenery a piece of cardstock and then colored the images in with markers. Then things got messy. I grabbed (literally) a bottle of Copic Blending Solution (yes, a bottle and not a pen) and dropped drops of it on my coloring. I let it sit for just a minute and then blotted it with a paper towel. Then I let it sit 20 minutes or so so the solution had time to dry (or evaporate). And the end result was this watercolor-like look.
I used the same marker + blending solution bottle technique on the die-cut word.
I think it turned out pretty darn cool.
Up next is this sassy little number.
I really like to challenge myself to get the most bang for the buck with the products I was like, “You know, Teri. You should use the Tis the Season stamp set with the Treat Yo Self die. They belong together. They are like Sassy 101. Do it. Do it, Teri. Do it.”
And so I did.😉 I think this might be a fun card to give to one of my good humored friends this year.
Finally, I’ve got this one to share with you.
So this is kinda of the surprise inside card. I really built it around the Zipper Panel die. With the die, you create a panel and can make a pocket so you can slide in a gift card or note.
I scribbled the color onto the panel with watercolor pencils and spread it with water. Then I stamped on the partridge from the Twelve Days stamp set and circle from the Bokeh Dots stamp set on top. Oh, and that die-cut word? It comes with the Zipper Panel die.
So just for kicks, let me show you what happens when the panel is unzipped (so to speak).
So that’s what I have for you project wise!
How about a little giveaway fun? This new Christmas Scribbles stamp set will go to one lucky winner! Please leave a comment on this post by October 8th. The winner will be announced on Oct. 9th.
And if you just stumbled on upon my post today, be sure to check out the CLASSroom, where there is a GIANT prize package being given away—be sure to leave a comment there by October 8th; winners will be announced October 9th!
Also, be sure to hit all the stops on the blog hop today. (Awesome projects + even more giveaway fun):
- The CLASSroom – http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/
- Teri Anderson – terisplace.wordpress.com (<—— You are here)
- Laurel Beard – www.laurelbeard.org (<———–The next stop on the hop! Take it away, Laurel!)
- JJ Bolton – www.jjbolton.org
- Heather Campbell – http://parkermolly.blogspot.com
- Kittie Caracciolo – http://kittiekraft.typepad.com/kittiekraft/
- Darlene DeVries – http://www.darlenedesign.com
- Julie Ebersole – http://papertrufflez.com
- Sharon Harnist – http://paperfections.typepad.com/
- Amber Kemp-Gerstel – www.damasklove.com
- Cristina Kowalczyk – http://mypapersecret.blogspot.com/
- Karolyn Loncon – karolyns-paperkraft.blogspot.com
- Nichol Magouirk – http://nicholmagouirk.typepad.com
- Jean Manis – www.jeanmanis.com
- Jennifer McGuire – http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/
- Chari Moss – www.mossymade.com
- Paulina Nakamura – http://www.prettypinkposh.com/blog
- Jocelyn Olson – http://redballooncards.blogspot.com
- Catherine Pooler – www.catherinepooler.com
- Miriam Prantner – http://mprantner.blogspot.com
- Julia Stainton – http://juliastainton.com/blog
Happy blog hopping, friends!
PS. Looking for my SSS! Cold Hands, Warm Heart Blog Hop post? It’s right here.