We meet again, y’all!
It’s another day of September Release countdown action with the My Favorite Things crew. If you are just turning in, the new release lands at MFT on the 16th. And for the next few days, I’ll be joining the crew with sharing some projects made with some of the new stuff.
Gosh, guys. Somehow I feel like we are just getting started!
Deep breath. Let’s do this. Let’s get to business.
Meet card #1.
And meet card #2.
For both of these cards, I totally used a stencil! In fact, I used the new Diagonal Bars stencil (arrives at MFT on 9/16).
Here’s what I did.
I started with a panel of cardstock. You’ll notice that I put a little tape on the paper and the stencil to hold it down.
Now I wanted my stencil pattern to be at an angle so I set it down at a bit of an angle.
And then I just sponged on ink. The rule I generally follow when it comes to applying multiple ink colors is to start out with the lightest color and then work my way up to the darkest. So, in this case, I went yellow to orange to blue.
When I lifted the stencil, I got this cool looking pattern. Sorta. Kinda. Love it. (A lot.)
Here’s a complete list of MFT supplies I used on today’s cards:
Here’s a complete list of all the MFT supplies I used on these cards:
- Blueprints 19 Die-namics for the flower (arrives on 9/16)
- Mason Jar Die-namics for the label (arrives on 9/16)
- Thankful Thoughts stamp set (arrives on 9/16)
- Many Thanks Die-namics (arrives on 9/16)
- Diagonal Bars Stencil (arrives on 9/16)
- Proof Positive Cover-Up Die-namics (arrives on 9/16)
- Cardstocks: Lemon Drop; Blu Raspberry; Orange Fizz
- Inks: Lemon Drop; Black Licorice; Orange Fizz; Razzleberry
So that’s a wrap… for today.
Be sure to hit the MFT blog to see who else is sharing projects today.
And I’ll be back (again) tomorrow. I hope to see you then.